Saturday, January 28, 2012

day 24 My friend

I totally cased this card from another site, but just fell in love with is and wanted to share it in workshops and with all of you.  I did make a small change and placed the the greeting on the top third of the card.

I made this card using Pool Party, Basic Black and Whisper White Card stock.  I also used the coordinating classic ink. 

 My first step was to cut my card stock
Pool Party Base to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (scored in half to make a base of 5 1/2" H x 4 1/4" W)
Whisper White:  4 1/2" x 3 1/4", 3 3/8" x 2 1/2"
Basic Black:  3 5/8" x 2 3/4", 1 3/4" x 5 1/2"

  • Using the Basic Black 1 3/4" x 5 1/2" I punched out the paper ribbon using the Lace Ribbon Border punch.
  • I used a small amount of adhesive and adhered it to the left side of the base.
  • Stamp the plant pattern from the My Friend stamp set using Pool Party classic ink on both pieces of Whisper White card stock. (Make sure to go just off the edges of the card stock.)
  • Stamp the "sparkle" using Basic Black on the bottom left side of the smaller Whisper White cardstock.  This to should be stamped slightly off the card stock.
  • Stamp "my friend" with Basic Black on the upper portion of the small Whisper White cardstock.
  • Adhere your layers. 
  • There you go.  To finish the inside of the card adhere a piece of whisper white cardstock 5 1/4" x 4" or leave blank.


Hope these instructions were helpful.  Leave a comment if you would like to see more or less instructions with the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment